Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Project's 20th Day

Day 20 of "The Project" finds me at the Creekwood Middle School 8th grade football game.  When we arrived, it was misty-raining and breezy.  Surprising, and not really too nice!  So thankful I wore my fleece-lined rain jacket and had an umbrella, a compact pink ribbon and damask print beauty (http://www.pinkribbonshop.com/pink-ribbon-telescoping-umbrella-damask-panel.aspx) to help block the wind.  Wouldn't miss watching my baby play just 'cause of a little bad weather, especially considering the text I got from him before we headed out to the game.
Heading to the stadium.  Rain games are my favorite.
Gotta love that sweet boy!  Once the game got going, the sun actually came out (just before sunset,) the wind died down, and the rain stopped.  Which was great for us parents, although it stayed a little chillier than I would like.

In today's picture, and something I've noticed a little more lately, my hair is showing some subtle signs of curliness.  It's nothing compared to the waves and curls that I had all of my life until a few years ago when my cancer treatment really started taking its toll on my body.  But I'll take it!  Now if only it would grow thicker, and maybe in the eyebrow and eyelash areas, too!


In other news, yesterday we accepted an offer on our house, after just four days on the market!  Woohoo!  It's exciting but I won't stop being nervous about it until after closing, which is scheduled for December 4th.  There are so many steps that could go awry between now and then!  I'm just a worrier.  But so thankful that the work (and $) that was put into it paid off with a quick sale.

I thought I'd share this work of art that my oldest daughter created for me.  She does caricatures, and she's really good at it.  And fast!  She recently started doing parties and everyone just loves her work.  People really get a kick out of seeing caricatures of themselves.  Here's mine:
Don't you want one of yourself??

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment