Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Selfie Project, Day 6 ... I hate you, selfie stick!

My pink ribbon selfie project is going strong!  However, the selfie stick is NOT my friend!  Evidently I'm a real spaz.  I'm not going to say how many shots I had to take before I settled on this one (cough, cough ..8..cough), taken on The Pink Ribbon Shop's Porter, Texas campus.  Okay, I know ... it's just one acre, but true to country living, this one acre has three separate buildings on it, four if you count a little storage shed.  And the well shed would make five. And you know you're in the country when you're also storing your brother-in-law's storage trailer and boat on the property!  So, campus it is!  In seriousness, though, we refer to it all as simply "the shop."  I'm going to the shop. You goin' to the shop?  I'll be at the shop late tonight.  You get the idea!

Anyway I've digressed off my selfie stick soapbox.  How do the teenagers do it so effortlessly??  It's so heavy when it's fully extended out. Hard on the wrist, then you have to press the button while keeping it steady. I'm weak ... weak I tell ya!


I know what you're thinking. Where's your pink ribbon, Kim?  You said you would wear a different pink ribbon item every day in October.  No worries, people, they're there!  On the ears. Which leads me to my next epic selfie FAIL!  I really did try to get a close-up of the earrings. Really I did (even more than 8 times.)  Have you ever tried taking a picture of your own earrings while they're in your ears?  I got my cheek, my neck, my hair, and a handful of fuzzy, out-of-focus and off-center earring shots. And to be honest, what I saw, even through the fuzziness, was skin that was way too wrinkly and old looking to be seen that close-up, by the public. I'm not using photoshop or any filters, so the raw results have forced me to abandon the in-the-ear earring pic. You're just going to have to trust me that I'm wearing them. Petite little crystal ribbons:  3/8-inch of breast cancer awareness cuteness.  If you must have a look, here's a link:  http://www.pinkribbonshop.com/pink-ribbon-crystal-mini-earrings-light-pink.aspx.

All of this selfie drama transpired before I left this morning for MD Anderson. Today I had labs done and saw my nurse.  Labs are great, so I'm good to go for chemo tomorrow.  I knew they would be, considering how super I'm feeling.  Just lllllloving this every-3-week chemo schedule.  Normally I have labs, doc visit, and chemo all done on the same day, but they weren't able to work it all out on the schedule. Wish I didn't have to go!  I don't wanna!  I don't wanna!
 
This evening was my baby's football game (he's a teenager now, sniff, sniff.)  Go Colts!  He wore his pink socks, wristbands and gloves for his momma!  So of course I wanted a picture with him after the game.  He was, let's say, "resistant" to the idea of taking a picture with his mother on the sideline.  But he eventually (involuntarily) relented.  Sweet boy.  Hey at least he smiled!  A bonus pic for today!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment