Saturday, October 17, 2015

Blessed

It's Day 17 and another "band mom" day!  Here's me, Christa and her best friend Hayley, ready for the big send-off!  The Kingwood Mighty Mustang Military Marching Band had their biggest contest of the year today, and we were just a few of their dedicated fans cheering them on.  The KM4B had an amazing performance and took home the sweepstakes award, scoring a superior rating from every judge!  So proud of all the band kids, and my Bethany!


I'm her number one fan, so naturally I must wear my spirit gear, but in honor of breast cancer awareness month, I did sport a hot pink satin awareness ribbon on my KM4B hat.  It's oh so easy to get the look:  cut a piece of satin ribbon to about 9 inches in length, fold it over into an awareness ribbon shape, and safety pin it in the middle and onto your hat, shirt, purse, etc.  I, however, took an easier route and used one of our "Hot Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbons with Pin Attachment - Bag of 100" ribbons.  Packaged in bags of 100 (as the name says,) these are the best and most affordable way to pink out your office, team, family, or group of friends.  Honestly, people LOVE these ribbons!  They show up better than their smaller enamel ribbon pin counterparts, and they're cheaper.  By a lot.  The hot pink ones are by far our most popular, but if you're more of a traditionalist, the light pink ones look swell, too.  I've talked to some of you who still believe that the light pink color is the "real" color of breast cancer awareness.  And that's okay!  Hot pink or light, pin attachment or sticky tape, we've got your pink ribbons!  (By the way, our breast cancer ribbon-themed items of every kind come in a wide array of shades of pink.)

About yesterday's pic that didn't show my pink ribbon ... sorry about that!  Twas a long and late night, and as I said I didn't have time (or desire) to take multiple shots so everything was just right.  Usually I try to get the ribbon apparel in the shot, and also view of where I am and/or what I'm up to.  You know, so I don't end up taking selfies in the car or in front of the bathroom mirror.  To keep it interesting!  This takes time!  But anyhoo ... I'm not a fan of taking selfies in front of lots of people, and that's exactly what I did at yesterday's football game.  The drumline was playing on the field, right in front of the band and spectators, and I wanted to include them in the picture, so I positioned myself right smack in front.  I noticed someone looking at me as I took it, but she was smiling-- I think because it was evident that I really was enjoying myself-- hence the goofy grin.  Goofy, yet genuine.  That's me!!

Okay, still haven't covered yesterday's pink ribbon!  It's a handmade necklace that I received as a product sample years ago.  Sadly I don't even remember who made it.  For some reason it never made it as a Pink Ribbon Shop product, but I wear it still, probably partly because it's one of a kind.  Unique, different, and versatile.

Here it is
 
And check out the back!


Know what I think?  The October selfie project that I casually took on is turning into an illustration of how blessed and full my life is! So thankful for the life extension I was given just a few short months ago!!!

P.S.  I'm just noticing that I've used an awful lot of exclamation points today.  It's been a great day.

!

No comments:

Post a Comment