Sunday, October 25, 2015

Celebrating Life

Day 25!  It's been raining here for about 30+ hours straight, as a result of Hurricane Patricia's remnants.  Not a heavy rain, and very little wind, but just a steady drizzly rain.  Makes me really look forward to the day when my garage is cleared out and I can actually park my car in it, and not have to go through the weather to get in and out!

Here are today's selfies, taken in the car after church.  They're of me and two of my girls, Bethany & Christa.  (FYI we had to split up and take two cars to church today, because D had confirmation class and then B had to be there 35 minutes later for praise band practice before service.  I'm sure you were curious as to why only 3 of our 5 family members are pictured.)  Anyhoo, I couldn't choose just one picture, so I decided to post the three best ones.


 
I know you can't see it clearly in the picture, but I'm wearing our "Celebrate Life" necklace.  It's an oldie, but goodie, and it's still available!  I've always liked this phrase.  In fact, one of The Pink Ribbon Shop's earliest original t-shirt designs was our Celebrate Life tee (T/celebrate.)  It's been retired, which always makes me a little sad, because it means that it wasn't popular enough to warrant its continued printing.  I just think it's such an important message!  You have to live life to the fullest, because you just don't know how long you, or your loved ones, will be around!  Just the other day, I listened to Tim McGraw's song Live Like You Were Dying, which has a similar message.  And it's really fun to sing, too!  Love that song, but it always makes me tear up.
 
After church, we headed home to pick up the chicken & sausage gumbo that Danny made yesterday, then to Danny's brother's to share it with the family and watch the Saints game.  Yes, more football!
 
Thanks for reading, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment