Friday, October 23, 2015

Pink Out

It was more Friday night lights for us tonight and this time, it was the KHS Pink Out game.  Christa and I each had on a hot pink t-shirt, because they're the pinkest!  Hers was our Pink Ribbon Chevron T-shirt and mine was a Cancer Sucks shirt.


BTW, check out what my crazy hair is doing!  When we parked the car, I decided to NOT wear the hat I had planned on wearing, not realizing that it was humid and very windy out tonight.  Big mistake, because then my hair curled and frizzed and blew and stuck out in every direction.  And there was nothing I could do about it.  So outta control!

Back to the tshirts ... Cancer Sucks is a sentiment I embraced a long, long time ago.  As I believe I mentioned in a previous blog post, there is really no statement about cancer that sums it up better!  I created the t-shirt design years ago (I have way too much personal experience on the suckiness of cancer) that includes a narrow awareness ribbon used as an exclamation point.  I like how it's a simple design yet its message has a little edginess to it.  For years now we've printed it on a light pink tee.  I'm preferring the hot pink color lately, as are many of you, so I requested a hot pink "Cancer Sucks" to wear to tonight's pink out game.  Lucky for me, I know this guy who screenprints, and he (Danny) was kind enough to make it for me earlier today.  I think it came out great!

So, there I was with the edgy message on my tee and my outta control hair.  You can't stop me!  Yes, cancer sucks, but lately, it's not so bad being me.  :)

Thanks for hanging out with me on Day 23 of THE PROJECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment