Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day 7: Brought to you by the letter C

Hey there!  Day 7 of my breast cancer awareness month selfie project is brought to you by the letter C.  Chemo, Christa, and Carrabba's!

Earlier today I was sitting in a recliner at MD Anderson's St. Luke's location-- getting my life-giving chemotherapy infusion of Carbo-Gem (Carboplatin & Gemcitabine, plus three pre-meds). Thankful to have Christa with me today! She only has classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so she's mostly available to accompany me to my appointments.  The last "C" is Carrabba's, my favorite Italian restaurant.  The bread, the oil & spices, the salad, the chicken marsala ... Mmmmm!  I almost always go out to lunch on my chemo days if I'm feeling up to it.  Just because I deserve it!  Had a nice day with my sweet girl.  Lotsa laughs and silliness.

 
I was pleased with this picture of us.  However, I am just noticing that I appear to be wearing a white lab coat.  I assure you, I am not!  It's actually a really cute, off-white denim jacket with very subtle, tone-on-tone polka dots.  Incidentally, I've been out of the medical profession for quite some time and have permanently crossed over to the receiving end of nursing and medical care.  At least my crystal pink ribbon pin is nice and visible though.  Like it?  http://www.pinkribbonshop.com/pink-ribbon-crystal-pin-with-dark-rose-crystals.aspx.
 
Thanks for reading!  And goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment