Wednesday, October 14, 2015

iPhones, Football and Rambling

Another day, another fuzzy selfie.  I just don't get it.  The other day, I went to Best Buy to get my daughter a new phone since she broke hers and God knows that's an emergency situation.  While I was there, I decided to also get Danny a new iPhone, since he was eligible for an upgrade and had been "suffering" with his iPhone 4 and a really, really old iOS for a long, long time.  I was given a choice between an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6s.  I asked what the difference was, and Adam, a very, very knowledgeable dude at the mobile phone counter listed off some of the differences, but the main point I heard was that the 6s had a better camera, especially the "selfie" camera.  At that moment, a little star-shaped gleam of light shone brightly from Adam's eye and I simultaneously heard a clear but very subtle "Ding!"  And then, Adam suggested (no really, he did) that I should get the 6s instead of my husband.  He really did say it!  It just seemed SO right!  I mean, upgrading from an iPhone 4 to the 6 is HUGE, and Danny doesn't take many pictures with his phone, much less selfies, so it made all the sense in the world for ME to take the 6s and him to switch over to my 6.  So the question now is, why are my selfies still blurry??  This is really trying my patience!

Day 14 of the October selfie project and I am again at a football game, this time at David's middle school game.  We do a lot of football!  It's a pink ribbon twofer, as I have on my black Komen ribbon cap and our very own chevron ribbon tee in hot pink.  Who doesn't love them a little chevron print nowadays!?  And I'm loving the "missy fit."  It's slightly fitted, but not too tight.  It runs a little small, so if you like it and want to order it, order a size up.

Rethinking the twofer statement.  It's a pink ribbon fourfer.  Is that a word?  I have on some New Balance Lace Up for the Cure capris AND as the evening cooled off, a matching jacket.  The NB items are a little pricey, but the quality is so amazing that, I have been wearing some of the same pieces for literally, years.  They are my go-to comfort clothes, and probably part of why I think that one day, I'm going to end up on What Not to Wear.  Not that they're a bad look-- they're actually super cute and sporty-- but since I am in no way athletic (any more,) I probably shouldn't wear them as often as I do.  Or maybe, I think too much!  It's unfortunate that New Balance has been paring down their breast cancer awareness line for several seasons now, so right now there's basically only t-shirts that are new.  :(

Well, thanks for reading!  I seem to have rambled a bit tonight!  Here's the picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment