Saturday, October 31, 2015

31 Days of Pink Ribbon Selfies!

Day 31!!!  The October pink ribbon selfie project has reached its end!  I probably sound too excited about that, don't I?  I've enjoyed it, but honestly, it was more work than I thought it'd be!

Today I napped, which is unusual for me (at least for the more healthier, recent me.)  We did not have a peaceful night's sleep last night because of the heavy rain that fell all night long, AND our phones kept alerting us of the Flash Flood Warnings for our area.  I want to know these things, but maybe not several times in the middle of the night, right??  Anyway, our little street flooded this morning, so we were forced to stay home and take it easy for much of today.  By the afternoon, the rain had stopped and our Halloween plans could proceed.

Our only Halloween plans were to go watch the KHS Drumline perform at a community event, and to take David to a friend's party.  Afterwards, Danny and I found ourselves alone and we took the opportunity to go on an impromptu dinner "date."  It was a nice evening, THEN we EVEN went to the grocery store ... yep!  We are wild ones, alright.

Here we are back at the house, just hanging out until it was time to go and get the kids.
 
Today's pink ribbon item of the day is a blingy little something I picked up at Kohl's a couple of years ago as part of one of their "Kohl's Cares" promotions.  A hot pink grosgrain ribbon with an eclectic mix of jewels affixed to the front.  Also, notice that Danny is wearing his "K" hat out of love and support for me!  Some people may think it stands for Kingwood (where we live) or even Kingwood High School, but I like to joke that the K is for Kim.
 
Since it's Halloween, and it's the last day of this October Project that I casually started 30 days ago, here are a couple of bonus pics, taken tonight in our kitchen.  You know I can't ever get an acceptable selfie in one shot!
 

 
I want to thank all of you who have stuck with me on this 31-day journey!  Good days, bad days, bad hair days, busy days, at home, out, at The Pink Ribbon Shop, alone and with all of my peeps, I tried to share more of me here than I ever have before.  I appreciate your support, positive vibes and comments!
 
 
And no, although it sounds like it, I am not saying goodbye for good, but I do intend to take a little time off from blogging after an intense 31 days straight.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment