Monday, October 12, 2015

Day 12 is Done!

Day 12 is done!  Another long day of visiting with family, plus TWO dine-outs!  I overate, but at least there are leftovers, meaning I didn't completely pig out and clean my plate at lunch and dinner.  :)

Today's breast cancer awareness item is a throwback to many years ago:  a handmade, sterling silver "hope" awareness ribbon pendant.  A simple square pendant is stamped with the word Hope, and a ribbon-shaped charm hangs in front, overlaying the square.  It's discontinued now, but still one of my favorite pieces.  There's something about a jewelry or apparel item that is no longer available.  We can carry a particular product for years and I may or may not claim one as my own.  But then if I get word that we can no longer carry it, I suddenly have to have one!  I really hate when I'm NOT aware that we can't get it anymore, and I miss out on my opportunity.  For some reason I treasure this kind of piece more, knowing that I "scored" one.  Can you relate, ladies?

No comments:

Post a Comment