Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Carbo Glow and My PNKRBN Ride

Hello all!  My "carbo glow" is in full effect right now, having just received my Carboplatin/Gemcitabine infusion yesterday!  (for more on that, head on back to my Day 8 post.)  Here's a tiny close-up of the purply-red-hued hotness and puffiness I'm experiencing today.  And I can't believe I'm sharing this one ... it'll just be between you & me, okay?  No Facebook for this lovely!  I'm thinking really, no one my age looks good this close-up.  Except maybe supermodels and others who get airbrushed or heavily photoshopped.  At least this is what I want to believe.  In the end, it's real and it's me, and you can take me or leave me.










Let's move on, please!  On a happier, more attractive note, I thought I'd show off my personalized license plate.  There's no pink ribbon, but I'm going to go ahead and count it as today's (and every day's!) pink ribbon.  Here we are, me & my ride:

I splurged a few years ago and got this plate for a 5-year period.  I actually thought at the time that the term would likely outlive me.  But hey ya never know, right? 

If you live in the Kingwood, Texas area, you've probably seen me tooling around.  I do A LOT of driving, now that I'm alive again!  Driving kids places, that is.  I think PNKRBN is fitting in a couple ways.  First, it's a reference to myself:  my battle, my survivorship, and how I'm beatin' the odds.  Second, it's a reference to our business, The Pink Ribbon Shop.  I explain in case you've seen me and wondered what it was all about.  I remember when I first got it, I felt very self-conscious about it, like everyone was staring at me.  Now I don't think about it at all.  I think it's pretty clear what it says, but ... funny story ... I once had a guy in a grocery store parking lot come up to me and say "Pink urban??"  I kindly corrected him and then he got it right away.

Hmm, maybe I really AM the Pink Ribbon Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment