Saturday, October 3, 2015

October Selfies, Day 3

It's Day 3 of my October selfie project, and I've already goofed.  Yesterday I blogged and posted to Facebook, except that I only posted to my personal Facebook page and not The Pink Ribbon Shop's.  Grrr!  I can do this!  I can!  I will.

Not only that, but the public selfie-taking that I'm doing is WAYYY beyond my comfort zone!  I'm a 40-something year old mom and g****ma, for crying out loud.  I am committed to the project, though, so I will press on.  Just didn't want to take a selfie every day in the front of my computer or the bathroom mirror.  How boring would that be?!  As I said in the beginning, my goal for the month is to wear a different pink ribbon t-shirt or other apparel item every day, plus provide a little insight into my everyday life.  So I'll try to make each selfie a reflection of my day, and not merely a pic just for the sake of the project.  Got it?

This weekend, Danny is still working on our soon-to-be-on-the-market home, and I didn't want to miss my daughter Bethany's high school band's marching contest today.  Feeling super BLESSED that this morning I was able to drive there, alone.  I impressed myself!  The ramps and steps at the stadium were a little tough on me, a reminder that I'm not fully back to the super woman (haha) that I used to be, but I did it and surely it made me stronger.  Am I right?
The KM4B had an awesome performance, considering it's early in marching season and this was their first contest this year.  So proud to be a Kingwood band mom!  Definitely needed my pink ribbon sunglasses on this gorgeous & sunny Day 3 of breast cancer awareness month.

 
See the teeny tiny ribbon on the lens?  So cute! These have been around for awhile, but I still love them (a) because of the teeny tiny pink ribbon, and (b) because of their timeless design.  Of course that's just my opinion and I'm certainly no fashionista (I'm basically a t-shirt & blue jeans kinda gal.)  I mean maybe their design is totally out of style and somebody out there is silently mocking my timeless design statement, buuuuuuut hey they are pink ribbon sunglasses and darnit I like 'em!  FYI:  Check out pinkribbonshop.com if you're interested in these or other pink ribbon items to support the breast cancer awareness cause this month or all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment