Thursday, October 15, 2015

Halfway Through The Project, and Going Strong

It's another absolutely gorgeous day here in our neck of the woods!  Clear blue skies, sunshine ... started out cool but it's warmed up to the low 90's.  Ahh, Fall in Texas!

Today is Day 15 of my October selfie project.  Are you tired of seeing me yet??  Who knew that a commitment to daily pics and posts to social media would be so consuming!  I'm still having fun, and anyway, I'm not about to give up now.  I'm only halfway done.  Hopefully I haven't been too annoying to anyone.  I get that things can be overdone, and there are definitely people who post too much.  Right now, perhaps I am one of these people.  BUT, as I mentioned earlier, I am committed to the project, and to stop now would be just wrong.  Hey if you don't want to read or view, just don't!  Once October is over, I'll go back to my more reasonable and less frequent posts, promise.  In the meantime, you guys sure are getting a good look at the ins and outs of my life.  There's probably an internet safety issue discussion that could come of this, one that I myself would probably start with my kids if they did what I'm doing.  :)

Today's pink ribbon item of the day is on my wrist:  a cute little magnetic bracelet.

It's made of polished stainless steel, so it won't ever tarnish (yay for that) and it has pink cz stones all the way around it, on every other link, which adds some sparkle.  I love how it's less than a quarter-inch wide.  And it has a clasp like some watches -- very secure and substantially made.  Oh and also, I love how the hot pink cz's coordinate nicely with the pink stripe in the shirt I'm wearing.  If you prefer a lighter, softer color pink, you're in luck because this bracelet comes in both color options.  Here's a link:  Pink Ribbon Stainless Steel Magnetic Link Bracelet.  In case you were wondering about the "magnetic" component, let me explain further.  This info is also on the product page, but if you didn't click the hyperlink above to view the product page, you haven't read it yet.  :)  Each link in the bracelet has a magnet embedded within.  It is thought that magnets worn on the body promote good health and may be beneficial to the circulatory system.  Now, I admit that I'm a skeptic regarding this.  I'm no expert, but I don't think magnets on a bracelet are harmful.  What's that they say ... can't hurt, might help?  All I know is that it's just so darn cute.  Plus, the manufacturer donates a portion of the bracelets' proceeds to the American Cancer Society.  It's a win/win.  Or would it be a win/win/win?  Wait ... Alright, let's just say that donations to the ACS are never a bad thing.  You're welcome!

Lastly ... how YOU doin?  It's October, so I feel it's my duty, both as a blogger in the breast cancer survivor/awareness world and a woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 32 to remind ALL of you to have your yearly mammogram and perform your monthly breast self-exams.  ARE YOU CURRENT?  How 'bout your wife, girlfriend, best friend, mom, daughter, sister, sister-in-law, aunt, niece, grandmother???

No comments:

Post a Comment