Thursday, October 22, 2015

Project Fail

Day 22 of THE PROJECT is in the books!  Now when I type "The Project," referring to my October pink ribbon selfie project that is, I hear it in a deep, manly voice, all announcer-like, drawn out and echo-y.  You hear that, too?  Whew, I thought it was just me.

I didn't actually wear anything pink ribbon today, but I did drink from this Hope mug:
 
Random fact about me and pink ribbon mugs:  I collect them.  I haven't met one that I didn't like and take home with me.  (there are other items that I feel the same way about, but I'll save that for a later discussion.)  It's not a crazy collection ... I have a handful of them, max.  But I'm no coffee drinker.  My mugs get filled with either hot tea or hot chocolate.  I thought you would want to know.  :)
 
Earlier today I discovered an epic PROJECT FAIL on my part.  I was reviewing this month's posts and pics and noticed that on October 8th, my selfie was with our Pink Ribbon Roundup pink wristband.  I even discussed the wristband and how it's our least expensive item and that its entire purchase price benefits The Pink Ribbon Shop Fund for Breast Cancer Research at MD Anderson Cancer Center.  So evidentlyyyyyyy, 13 DAYS is too long a stretch for my feeble mind to remember something like taking a picture of myself wearing an item then writing a couple paragraphs on the blog and a Facebook post about said item.  The plan was for me to wear/highlight a different pink ribbon item every day of October.  And yesterday, I failed by wearing the same bracelet as I did on October 8th.  "Keeping it simple ..." --more like simple-minded!  So disappointed in myself!
 
Here's what I'm going to do.  I'm going to blame the chemobrain.  Because I can.  Honestly I do have cognitive and memory impairment that we attribute to the chemotherapy.  Really!  And also, I had a long day and a stressful evening yesterday, so by the time I had a chance to take the selfie, well, clearly, I wasn't thinking clearly.
 
Giving it more thought, we should excuse the fail considering the fact that on some days, I actually wore more than one breast cancer awareness item.  Technically, that should cover me for more than one day.  Am I right?  Of course I am.
 
Thanks for reading, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment