Sunday, October 4, 2015

Day 4 of October's Selfie Project

Don't know about where you are, but here in Kingwood, Texas the weather is be-You-tiful!!  Sixty-five degrees and sunny, y'all!  Today's wear-something-pink-ribbon-every-day-this-month item is a silky pink ribbon infinity scarf that I paired with my *new* bright pink blazer.  (*new* = first time wearing, even though it's been hanging in my closet for many months.)  Lotsa pink, I know!  Maybe too much, but ya only live once.


Tried the selfie stick after church, which was less embarrassing in front of my own home then out in public, but ultimately decided to go with this arm's length shot taken before I left for church this morning.  Love, love, love the garden (see background) left by the previous homeowners:  azaleas, duranta, verbena, golden thryallis, and I think, camellia.  Have all of my windows OPEN today to let the fresh air in.  :) 

After church, I got to thinking.  So many families, couples and singles in attendance.  I thought, what if everyone had turned to the lady beside them and reminded her to have her yearly mammogram?  It's breast cancer awareness month, after all.  Why didn't I think of it while I was still there!?  With all the pink going around this month, we have so many opportunities to start a conversation about what it's really about.  Let's starting taking them!  How 'bout you?  Are YOU up to date on your yearly mammogram and monthly breast self exams?  Who's nearby who you can ask?  Ready, set, go!  Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment