Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer is here!

I'm so relieved that school and the girls' dance recital is over! Whew, the end of the year is hard work for a mom! I know that by the end of the summer I will be ready for them to go back to school, but for now I am happy for them (and myself!) that homework and dance practice has ended. They get a few weeks to "just hang out" before they head to N.O. to visit with family for 3 weeks. Kids need down time too!

On the cancer front ... ummm ... well not yet ... I'll come back to that. I've kicked up my running schedule a bit to prepare for my 2nd year of half-marathon training which officially begins in July. Even though I told myself that I would keep running even after January's marathons, not having a goal to work toward made it easy for me to relax a little and hence, lose a LOT of the fitness I gained. I haven't gained weight, but the body has morphed back to mush, seemingly in a matter of just a few weeks! Taking the summer off from dance class (boohoo) to try to save some money during our lean months. Hopefully I can motivate myself to do other things that are "free," such as free weights, exercise shows on FitTV, etc.

Ok, on the cancer front ... my doctor has approved my request to have Danny administer my monthly Zolodex injection. Since my monthly infusion of Zometa has been changed to every 3 months, this will allow us to travel to MD Anderson only then instead of monthly. It's only about a 40-60 minute drive, but when you add in the lab work and all the waiting, each visit was an all-day affair. This new system will also save us THOUSANDS of dollars! My insurance policy has a lifetime maximum and you think, I'll surely never reach that. But then you start adding it all up and you realize that it could happen! Since it's looking like I might be around for a while, I guess I need to think about these things. What happens after you reach your insurance's lifetime maximum and you are ineligible for any other policy? I'll cross that bridge if/when I get to it.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I think when you max your lifetime benefits, your carrier reaches out to a RE-insurance carrier who is their backup. But again, hope it never comes to that.
    Love ya, San.

    ReplyDelete