Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Looking up to mom

Kate,

It is so great to hear that your mother is doing so well. I can't help but think about my own story. It's also been three years for me as well. My girls were 2 and 4 at the time of my diagnosis, so there wasn't a true understanding of the big picture. It's good to hear the perspective of a daughter, especially one that looks up to her mother. She is so blessed to have you in her life. May she have many more years ahead as a survivor!!!

Amy

My name is Kate. My Mother, Ann, was diagnoised with Breast Cancer about 3 years ago. It all started with a regular visit to the Dr. where She had a mamogram done. We were all shocked when The Dr. told m Mom that She had Breast Cancer. After that came surgery to remove the mass from Her breast, and to remove Her Lympth nods that may cause the cancer to come back. After She had recovered from Her surgery, there were many months of Radiation to ensure that the cancer was completley rid of Her body. I cant not even begin to describe the fear of possibly loosing your mom, which I had felt from the day I found out that She had cancer, all the way through Her radiation treatments, and until She was told that the cancer was in remission.
She has been cancer free for 3 years now and We coulldnt be more thrilled. She goes in for regular mamograms and has been doing great ever since. This experience has made Her such a stronger person, and has made me really appreciate my mom more and cherish the time I get to spend with Her. My mother is a Breast Cancer Survivor, and If I happen to get Breast Cancer someday, I hope to have the inner strengh and courage that my Mother had while facing such a difficult challenge. If You or someone You know has Breast Cancer, Please dont give up hope. You can beat this!
Thank You
Kate

1 comment:

  1. Kate,

    " I cant not even begin to describe the fear of possibly loosing your mom..."

    I just need you to know that this sentence felt like a hug to me. You know exactly what i mean when I say that it's so impossible to articulate the unbearable ache that accompanies this reality. Not many people do. My heart goes out to you and I thank you for sharing your story.

    Thank you,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete