Thursday, November 19, 2009

Friends and Survivors!

Stan,

Sharing stories of these strong women is an inspiration to us all. We never know what kind of struggles that we might have to deal with in our lives. Cancer makes us dig deep and find out our true character. Your wife was fortunate to have you by her side.

Amy


It's always a pleasure reading about survivors. My story is of two close friends that have battled and won. I lost my wife Paulette to this horrid disease, which she fought for 3-1/2 years. Paulette and my two friends, Sue and Rose Marie, are my heroes.

Rose Marie has fought breast and vaginal cancer for many years. Untold number of surgeries and she has not lost the strength to fight. Chemo and radiation are the toughest fights anyone has to endure. She also has other health issues but is there for others at the drop of a hat, always putting them ahead of her problems. Rose Marie is a great friend and widow of my late cousin Jerry.

Sue, a close friend of mine and my late wife has endured additional stress. The day my wife died, October 22, 1998, was Sue's 50th birthday. Not only dealing with the loss of her friend, she also was diagnosed with MS. Sue always joked about what she would get on her 60th. Well, breast cancer is what she got. Sue just finished nearly a year of chemo and radiation and got a clean bill of health. I hope Rose & Sue live long happy lives.

Unfortunately, I have too many friends and relatives that have struggled with cancer. These two women are outstanding examples of people that are always looking to do for others and quietly fight their fight. They truly are heroes.

Sincerely,

Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment