Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Early detection does save lives!!!

Carolyn,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. You have so much courage! The message that this sends to us all is that early detection does save lives! Praise God that your cancer was caught at an early stage. Congratulations on your upcoming 50th birthday! Birthdays are so special to everyone, but especially to the cancer survivor community!

Amy

My journey started while recovering from back and shoulder surgery. I had already been on the table 5 times,which included 3 lumber epidurals. remembering I still needed to see my annual ob/gyn,eye,dentist, and of course my
favorite, mammogram. Getting everything done, I saved the best for last. To my surprise they found a mass. After the biopsy,tests doctors, MRI's I had a lumpectomy and waited for the best. My surgeon tried to get it all, and
found a larger mass the MRI didn't see.With my heart in my throat, the words bilateral mastectomy. I couldn't see going through this again, and had both breast removed. Bless with unbelievable doctors, and the best plastic surgeon, and two more surgeries,(removal of both breast, with expander's put
in and the third permanent silicone implants) I was healed. I am a two yea
r survivor! Getting checked and find the cancer early saved my life. I was
stage 1, and didn't need radiation or chemo. Next year I'll be 50,
take care of you, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment