Tuesday, November 17, 2009

For the love of my grandmother

Stevey,

It is so touching to hear you talk about your grandmother. The best news of all is that she is doing so well. It is also so encouraging that at your age you are bringing awareness to the fight against breast cancer. I hope and pray that there is a cure in our lifetime.

May your grandmother continue to have many healthy, happy years ahead of her.

Amy

My grandmother, Elizabeth, had breast cancer and was a breast cancer suvivor.

When she first got it, it was shocking. It's one of them moments where you don't expect something that drastic to happen to you or to someone you love. But it did, she had breast cancer on both sides. She had to go through chemotherapy and radiation. It was scary at first. We weren't sure that the treatments were working, it was already bad enough that we caught it at a bad stage. But all of our prayers went through and my grandmother survived. My grandmother is now 72 years old and very healthy..

My name is Stevey and I am 17 years old. I wanted to post this blog to let anyone with breast cancer know there is hope. And for females who don't have breast cancer, get interested about the situation it's serious. Go to the doctor for regular check-ups and even if you can't get to a doctor do regular self check ups. Be IN THE KNOW.

-Thank You For Letting Me Share.


No comments:

Post a Comment