Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Roz Survives and Awaits her "Perky Boobs"

"Perky Boobs" with breast reconstruction ... truly a gift after having a mastectomy! Although in my case it was short-lived because of being blessed with one more baby after breast cancer -- sadly, the sag has returned (and so has the belly! :)

I am a Breast Cancer Survivor Too!

It is nice to see that I am not the only one. When I found my lump, I was doing a comparison between my left and right boob. I did not find when I did my monthly breast exam. I found my Lump in September of 2008. I had my mammogram on October 24th. I had my needle biopsy on the 30th of October. Which was very painful. A few days went by and they called me and said that I needed to see a breast surgeon. I said "okay". I knew right away and I took in stride. I also said to myself I will get through this. They scheduled my surgeical biopsy on December 3rd. A week goes by and I went to the surgeons office and she told me that I breast cancer. I was scared but I knew that I could handle it. I had no choice. I guess since my mom had Uterine, lung, brain cancer, I was able to deal with it. It seemed that when the doctor told me, I felt that my mom was looking over me. We scheduled my lumptectomy on January 3rd 2009. They tried to get it all but there still some cells that were yukky. Since I was big boobed, we thought we would try another lumpectomy. But that was also unsuccessful. We had no other choice but do the mastectomy along with reconstruction. We did the mastectomy and started the reconstruction on February 25th, 2009. And hopefully by early fall I will have perky boobs. That is what keeps me going besides my sense of humor and networking and to help other people. I take each day as it comes. I still keep positive no matter what. Even though it is easier said than done. ;-)

Roz S.

No comments:

Post a Comment