Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dina B., 43-Year-Old Two-Time Breast Cancer Survivor

Dina,

Thanks for sharing your story. I apologize that it's taken so long to respond ... it's just me handling all of this!

You are so right -- the Lord is definitely looking out for you. Our lives are in His hands, always, no matter what happens or how bad or hopeless it seems.

Thanks for doing your part to spread the word about methods of early detection (monthly breast self-exams and yearly mammograms.) And as I said in my recent blog post, it is so important to fund cancer research! Thank you for doing that.

Kim


I am a 2 time survivor of Breast Cancer. At the age of 36 I was diagnosed with stage 2 cancer, I went through radiation and was very fortunate not to lose my hair. Then again at the age of 40 I was diagnosed with stage 1 cancer in the other breast. After having surgery I went through Chemo and still again did not lose my hair. Someone must be looking out for me.

All the time I went thorough my battle I think of so many other women and men who go through what I have and do not have the same outcome. I think about it every day of my life. That is why I wear some form of Pink everyday and do all I can to let my friends and family know how important it is to do your monthly check and to have a mammogram. I am 43 and working the best I can by doing as many breast cancer walks and runs as I can, to promote and raise money to end this ugly desease once and for all.

Dina B.

No comments:

Post a Comment