Friday, July 3, 2009

Debbi W., 10-Year Survivor, Offers Hope

Debbi,

First, allow me to apologize for taking so long to respond to your story. We were a bit overwhelmed with the response to our call for survivor stories, and we are still working our way through them. It is our intent to personally respond to each one, perhaps add some commentary before posting to the blog, and to make sure that each contributor receives their free pink ribbon pin or bracelet. These things take time!

Thanks for sharing your story, and for your uplifting words to others who've been diagnosed. It's a big reason why we're collecting survivor stories ... to encourage and uplift others who are now walking in our shoes.

10 years, how wonderful! May you have many, many years ahead as a survivor.

Kim



TEN YEARS CANCER FREE

I was first diagnosed with breast cancer in August of 1999. I found a lump in my left breast while in the shower. I was in denial as I assume all who find a lump are upon finding one. My youngest daughter,Denise was 16 at the time and when I told her what I had found she made an appointment for me to have it examined. To this day I credit her for saving my life. I had a lumpectomy....four rounds of chemotherapy and 36 radiation treatments. I lost my hair ....but I didn't lose my life. I have been going to my doctor every three months ever since. And Glory be to God I have been cancer free for ten years.I am not going to lie...I had a trying time but I am still here to tell my story ten years later. I just want to tell women not to give up...keep the faith because cancer is not a death sentence...I AM LIVING PROOF THAT THERE IS LIFE AFTER BREAST CANCER!!! I hope that if this is published it will give women hope who are going through what I went through....THINK PINK....FIND A CURE IN MY LIFETIME....Deborah W.

No comments:

Post a Comment