Sunday, October 10, 2010

We all deserve to have a beautiful life


I´m a 33 year old Colombian and my story began last year on July 09 . I was diagnosed with a uncertain behavior tumor (possibly cancerous) on my right breast and doctors were so afraid because my mom died 11 years ago because of breast cancer and the genetic component is important, that´s why they suggested a bilateral prophylactic mastectomy because I didn´t accept to submit to the chemotherapy. My breasts were removed on January and I was reconstructed with implants and bilateral dorsal muscle flap. Unfortunately, my body rejects the implants and I got an infection with a bacteria called staphylococcus aureus that causes a capsular contraction, one month ago the implants were removed and now I have nothing than my skin and muscles in my chest. I have to wait for a year at least to have a new reconstruction. Today I´m a better person, I learned to look at me in a different way, to look at myself as a great person no matter how everyone else see me. I´m eating healthier and I´m taking all good moments with the people around me. We all deserve to have a beautiful life no matter if you have big or small breasts, if you are black or white, tall or short, thin or fat...all that counts is what you have in your mind and in your heart and the way you live your own life. WE ARE ALL FIGHTERS AND WE DESERVE TO LIVE BETTER.
In loving memory of my MOM...

No comments:

Post a Comment