Friday, October 8, 2010

A recent diagnosis...stay strong!
Amber,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I know a diagnosis like this is not easy, especially at your age and when you have a large family. You will endure and get through this and be stronger. Your kids will help keep things normal for you and love you unconditionally. Prayers to you and your family.

Amy



My name is Amber and I am 25 years old. I was diagnosed with breast cancer two months ago tomorrow (08-05-10).. I went for my yearly exam and my GYN found the lump. I have seen so many doctors in the last two months that I am tired of them. I had a lumpectomy on Aug 31st and I am doing okay so far. While I was in surgery they tested and removed all of my lymph nodes under my right arm. Later at my post op visit I found out that the cells that the Pathologist saw in my lymph nodes where not cancer cells. They looked a lot like cancer cells but where not. I have had a very hard time dealing with the fact that I am going to have to have chemo. The only reason that I am being as strong as I am, is because I have 4 wonderful kids that I want to see grow up. It’s hard to believe that I am only 25 years old and I have cancer! Sometimes I do cry and ask why me, what did I do to deserve this? I do know that I will make it through this and after I am finished with chemo and radiation I will look back and say that it is ALL worth it. To those of you out there that are going through the same thing, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted by Amy at 8:21 PM 0 comments
Labels: chemotherapy, lymph nodes, pathologist, radiation
Living proof that early detection and mammograms save lives!
Jessica,

Your grandmother is living proof that early detection does save lives. I am so glad to hear that she is doing well. Cancer effects not just the patient, but the entire family. Congratualtions on her good results!

Amy



My stepmother of over 10 years was diagnosed with breast cancer just a few
days before Christmas. She had no symptoms or signs. The cancer was not
found by self examination but from a yearly mammogram. At the beginning of
the year (2010) she went in for a lumpectomy to have it removed. Luckily
it was caught in time before spreading to her lymph nodes! The doctors
thought they had gotten it all but they didn't and she needed another
surgery to have the rest of the cancer removed. Since Jan of 2010 she has
been cancer free!! I'm so proud of her for fighting this battle. Nobody in
our family has experienced anything like this before. It was so sudden and
heartbreaking to find out the news! Our family is now closer than ever!
Thank you for allowing me to share this story.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment