Friday, December 7, 2012

Brief Update

Well I thought that once October ended, I would have more time to blog, but that hasn't been the case.  We just hosted a Christmas party last weekend, and its grown so much it's pretty much taken on a life of its own ... I can't help putting so much time and energy into it!  More details later, but WHEW!  It was awesome, but I feel relief that it's over.  Now onto finishing my Christmas shopping -- been squeezing in some online shopping for a few weeks already.  Love Christmas time!!

I've been feeling pretty good.  Didn't know that Abraxane was going to cause my fingernails to begin separating from the nailbeds.  Eww!  Not pretty!  And I have to be careful doing laundry and other things that put pressure on the fingernails, which you'd be surprised at how much does that.  Also been having pain behind the knee (popliteal area, back of leg) whenever I'm on my feet for more than 30 minutes.  This has been since I first started chemo, and it's not going away.  Curious to know what is causing that.  Of course, I've self-diagnosed myself as having a Baker's cyst, which is isn't actually a cyst but a buildup of fluid at that location that's caused by some underlying problem, usually the knee.  But my knee isn't hurting me and I don't know what that underlying problem could be, other than something cancer-related.  Sighhhh.  Planning to mention that to my oncologist next week.  Will probably get an ortho consult to get checked out.  Having excessive, watery nose running that's downright weird and VERY annoying.  Please explain this, Dr. Coscio!  Still have chemo fuzz on the head.  Only a few eyelashes left, so mascara is futile.  Eyebrows are very sparse also.  Oh the joys!

But right now:  enjoying my week off between chemo cycles, and being home more in my Christmas-decorated house.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment