Friday, July 16, 2010

Support and encouragement make a difference...

Thank you Trish for sharing your story with us. Congratulations on being CANCER FREE! Celebrating life is what it is all about.

Bless you,
Amy


My name is Trish and this week, I am one year cancer free. I was diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer in April, 2009. On May 7, 2009, I underwent a bilateral mastectomy with a TRAM flap reconstructive surgery. Six weeks later I started my journey through eight chemotherapy treatments at Duke University in Durham, NC. With those treatments came the hair loss, weakness, and severe bone pain. My husband, four children, other family members and friends were right by my side through the entire journey, lifting me up and continuously encouraging me. I could not have made it without them. My hair grew back very slowly, but finally, on May 31, 2010, I took off my wig and am now celebrating a life free of cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment