Friday, July 16, 2010

My conversation with Abby...


Currently going through the motions of breast cancer at times can be hard. It has been over 6 months now with many tests from mammograms, x-rays, MRI’s and 3 Biopsies. Still not knowing and not being treated promptly. I see how other women young and old can get very frustrated with the way things are handled.

I just turned 45 July 1st. I have a 7 yr old boy and 5 yr daughter. They are the reason I fight and continue to fight this cancer that is now plaguing my body. Now being told I will have to undergo a mastectomy is even more icing on the cake.

Both times I was told I had breast cancer over the phone at work and what I needed to do. Still I’m in shock and it seems so surreal to me that it is even happening. Which, I know now many have felt the same way and it is heart wrenching to say the least.

All I want to do now and always have is to let others be aware how important it is to go do the check ups. I did just one yr I had skipped due to moving over 3 times it was chaotic. Now just trying to deal with what news I’m to expect next you know.

I’m writing just to say how I appreciated your web site and the on going support and wiliness to continue to help others out there. Not only you your family, friends and co-workers are affected.

My god! I never knew how loved I was until this terrible cancer attacked me.

My next step is a visit with an oncologist and I hope a plan to save my life.

How do I let others know other than web sites how important this is I know you have ribbons and about the ribbons how do others use them. My day care made me a ribbon and they put the name of all the kids on it. It was breath taking.

My son wrote me a special note. Then I lost it.

One day I hope to share my story with other women and help them fight this Breast Cancer. I fought many things this has got to be the most challenging one but I’m a good fighter! I fight for my right to stay alive for all of mankind to see we women can beat this.

Take Care, Keep up the Good Work!
Abby


Abby,

Thanks for taking the time to write! I appreciate your kind words.

It is so important to be an active advocate for your own health! I have a LOT of experience dealing with the medical establishment, and believe me, I know to stay on top of things. If something doesn't sound right or even feel right, you must question and get 2nd 3rd, etc opinions. No one at any hospital or clinic can know everything about you as well as you! I wish you luck and prayers on your journey.

In my opinion the pink ribbon campaign is multi-faceted. In one respect, it's a way for friends and loved ones to show support of someone going through the breast cancer journey. In another, it's a bridge to reach out to others to increase "awareness," so women take better care of themselves so that cancer is detected earlier and hence their chances of survival are increased.

Kim


Yes, you are absolutely right! So, many women really need to take control and value the seriousness in this cancer. You certainly do have my permission by all means. We meaning women/men young and old need to know we are not alone on this journey to survival and a helping hand is just a second away.

God Bless you and taking the time to read my story! I’m sure the next will be a positive one for all to see!

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment