Thursday, January 28, 2010

There is hope...keep your faith and love your life!

Amanda,

What a blessing to have your grandmother in your life. She sounds like such a fighter. She gives us all inspiration to fight through our own battles in life. I hope you are able to create many more memories with her.

Amy


Hello my name is Amanda and my Grandmother, Agnes, is truly amazing. She is definitely one of a kind. She is nothing short of a hero in my eyes. Sadly she has had breast cancer ever since I can remember. She has gone through treatments to help her throughout the years. It has been a bumpy road for her however I have never once heard her complain. She lives life as if tomorrow is another day. She always surrounds herself with family which is the best medicine for anything! Unfortunately throughout the years the cancer went into her bones. She got a little weak and wasn’t as strong when she got up to walk but again didn’t stop her from living and loving her life. About three years ago she was admitted into the hospital because she ended up getting sepsis from her immune system being low (for all of you who don’t know this is when bacteria get into your blood stream. The amount of people who pull through sepsis is very low.) She was in the hospital for three months but I can happily say she pulled through it! It was a miracle. Like I said when you have family and faith anything can happen. When I look back it seems like it was one thing after another for her yet she always pulled through. She actually inspired me in my own life to fight through some of my battles. When things get tough I just think about what she has been through and how she fought through it. My words to anyone fighting this battle with breast cancer is, I know it is tough but never give up and always fight through it. Surround yourself with the people that love you and have a little faith. To put my story in perspective I am almost 25 years old. My grandmother is 67 years old and I am truly happy to have her around. I gave birth to my son November 18th of 2008. She was so happy to be able to help birth him and told me it was the highlight of her life! Without faith none of this could have been possible. There is hope you just have to keep your faith and keep love in your life.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment