Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dealing with reoccurence...

Brenda,

You have so much courage. We wish you a speedy recovery to your recent surgery. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Your testimony will save lives.

Amy

I was told back in 2002 that I had breast cancer (ductal) and had a lumpectomy done at that time. This was followed by mamo's every 3 months for a year. Then they told me that all was fine and I should have a mamo done once a year. Well this year In February 2010 I found a lump in my left breast and went in for a mamo, this lead to a digital mamo followed by a surgical bio. After all of this they said my cancer was back. I was told I could do nothing and wait it out or I could have a total bilateral mastectomy. And put an end to this cancer business. So on March 24th, I had both of my breast removed. My path report stated that in fact I had ductal cancer in both breast not just the left side. I feel very lucky! Now I must make the choice or rather to have reconstructive surgery or not. I'm still healing from my surgery but have to say I'm glad that my fight has been won.

Thanks,
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda,
    My sister has stage IV, as well. She is doing IPT treatment. Check it out. When you go to her treatment, you see & meet so many women, who are now cancer free. Her cancer, is disappearing. She started treatment in a wheelchair, & now is walking with, or without a cane. Check out her page, http://www.causes.com/causes/468058/about.
    you can also contact me, thru this page, if you want more information.
    God Bless,
    Tracie Allyn Marshall

    ReplyDelete